Terms and Conditions: Music Tuition and GCSE Music
By commencing lessons with Saltaire Music Tuition you are accepting the terms and conditions below.
- ‘Music Tuition’ refers to individual and, on request, group lessons learning clarinet, piano, keyboard, music theory, composition and GCSE Music Tuition.
- First 30 minute assessment lessons are FREE excluding GCSE Music Tuition.
- Individual 1-1 Music tuition is charged at £15 per half hour or £30 per hour.
- A 10% discount will be applied to siblings/parents and children having separate individual lessons or individual students having separate individual lessons in more than one instrument or tuition area, e.g. Clarinet and piano or GCSE Music Tuition and clarinet.
- A 10% discount will be applied to each half termly ‘block booking’, e.g. 6 weeks from beginning of September to October half term.
- Payments are to be made using cash or bank transfer at the beginning of each half termly block or at the beginning of any ‘one off’ lesson (excluding ‘trial’ assessment lessons).
- Late tuition fees will incur a late fee of £5.00 and failure to make payment in line with the terms and conditions will result in tuition being refused.
- Tuition fees are reviewed on an annual basis and are subject to change. Students will be notified of any changes in advance.
Lessons and requirements
- Lessons run term time only unless agreed by Saltaire Music Tuition.
- If a group lesson discount has been agreed and other students cease lessons part way through a half term the agreed reduced rate will continue to be honoured for the remaining student until the end of the half termly ‘block’. Thereafter, the remaining student will be charged at an individual rate (£15 per half hour, £30 per hour) unless they form part of new group.
- Any absences or cancellations made by the student cannot be credited or refunded. Lesson swaps can be organised with other students through the Saltaire Music Tuition Facebook group.
- Lessons cancelled by Saltaire Music Tuition will be rearranged for an alternative date. Should re-arrangement be impossible refunds will be given at the discretion of Saltaire Music Tuition.
- Should a student wish to terminate lessons part way through a block booking refunds will not be given. Termination of lessons should be confirmed in writing emailed to email@example.com
- Students must endeavour to be punctual to lessons. Lessons will not run over should a student turn up late.
- Saltaire Music Tuition is fully insured for public liability.
- Saltaire Music Tuition is not responsible for damage to person or personal belongings whilst attending lessons and performances or before and after lessons and performances. Students are responsible for their own property and well-being whilst attending all lessons and performances.
- Students are responsible for costs related to exam entries and resources (published revision guides and sheet music/instruments). Students will not be entered for exams by Saltaire Music Tuition unless prior payment is made.
- ‘Private’ candidates intent on sitting GCSE Music are responsible for making their own entry through a school or college and paying the fees associated with this.
- Saltaire Music Tuition will do everything possible to support students taking GCSE Music, performing qualifications or theory exams, however cannot guarantee specific results.
Data protections and media
- By signing up for lessons with Saltaire Music Tuition students or parents/guardians consent to receiving communications, including but not limited to email, relating to lessons with Saltaire Music Tuition.
- If students/parents/guardians choose to unsubscribe to emails and communication from Saltaire Music Tuition students/parents/guardians take responsibility to any losses incurred through information not known or shared.
- Students/parents/guardians agree to immediately inform Saltaire Music Tuition of any changes to contact information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photography, sound recordings and videos of students will take place and used on publicity materials for Saltaire Music Tuition (website, social media to include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and flyers) unless an objection in writing is provided to Saltaire Music Tuition.
- Sound recordings and videos of students will also be used to support student progress and will be posted on the online classroom platform Showbie unless an objection in writing is provided to Saltaire Music Tuition. ‘Showbie’ is password protected and sound recordings and videos can only be accessed with a password protected account and relevant ‘class code’. Videos and sound recordings for individual students will be posted in individual folders only accessible to the student in question and will not be visible to other students unless posted in the ‘shared items’ folder.
- With regard to social media, Saltaire Music Tuition reserves the right to remove any inappropriate remarks, comments, photographs and videos that may compromise its intellectual property and the feelings and privacy of its members.
Performing opportunities and events
- Should a performing opportunity arise and students/parents/guardians indicate a willingness to be involved they are expected to make every effort to honour that commitment (except in the case of illness or other extreme circumstance).
- Students/parents/guardians agree to follow the direction of Saltaire Music Tuition during lessons and events/performances. Any form of negative behaviour towards staff, other students or members of the public may lead to lessons being terminated at the sole discretion of Saltaire Music Tuition with immediate effect. No refunds of fees will be given under these circumstances.
- Amendments may be made to these terms and conditions, in such case you will be notified.
- The latest terms and conditions will be published on Saltaire Music Tuition website.
Saltaire Music Tuition respects the information we hold on students/parents/guardians and we take security of your information very seriously.
What data we collect and why we need it.
We only collect data that we need in order to provide and oversee the services for which you engage Saltaire Music Tuition (SMT). SMT new starter forms collect your name, date of birth, contact details and musical experience and provide opportunity to share relevant medical/learning diagnoses. For students under 18, parental contact details are also requested. This data is limited to that which we require in order to deliver tuition which is appropriate to the student’s age/skill level and protects their well-being.
How we use your data.
Unless otherwise agreed, SMT only processes personal information for the purpose of service provision and liaison with students/guardians. This includes using information for:
– providing music tuition and progress reports (when applicable);
– Organising concerts, workshops and other events;
– Routine communication and emergency contact;
How we share your data.
Students are never identified on SMT’s website, social media or elsewhere publicly without written consent. Your information will only be shared with your consent and in the following circumstances:
* when entering a student for an exam, performance or festival;
* when providing a reference for a student;
* where there is a legal obligation, i.e. we will share personal information with other organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to a) meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, and/or b) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of SMT employees and users, as required or permitted by law.
We will never pass student/carer details on to 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
Are there special measures for children’s data?
Where we knowingly collect or store data of children under 13 we will ensure the person with parental responsibility for the child has seen the relevant information relating to the child data or has given consent on behalf of the child.
Once a child is over 13 years old, parental consent to use their data will no longer be sufficient. We will only continue to hold/use the data if the child themselves also give their consent.
How we store your data
SMT will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed securely. Electronic data is stored securely on a laptop, protected by firewalls, passwords and standard security measures. Paper copies are stored securely in a file at SMT’s registered address.
How long we keep your data
Your data will be held on file for the duration of your tuition with SMT. After you have ceased to take lessons with SMT your personal data will only be kept for as long as it remains necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and/or to comply with any statutory or legal requirement; it will then be destroyed.
Accessing and updating your data
Your information can be viewed at any time on request by emailing email@example.com
You can update your information at any time, in person or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Last updated May 2019